Job Type: Full-Time
Min Education: H.S. Diploma/Equivalent
Min Experience: 2-3 Years
Required Travel: 0-10%
Salary: $60,000.00 - $100,000.00 (Yearly Salary)
NewGround is an experiential design-build firm that specializes in creating custom financial, healthcare and corporate facilities. Using our in-depth strategic process, we work to align a client’s new building with their brand and their culture. We believe that structure without strategic purpose is just windows and walls, and that a beautiful building is measured by how beautifully it functions.
We look in, then build up.
The Estimator provides the skills and team coordination need to prepare accurate and complete construction budgets and estimates for projects ranging from site work to new construction to renovation. Required skills include a thorough knowledge of construction methods and materials as well as strong ability to interpret plans and specifications. The Estimator also has experience with preparing conceptual estimates as well as detailed estimates, the ability to manage deadlines, and the knowledge to offer value engineering / cost saving suggestions when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of all construction specification divisions of work
- Strong ability to read and understand plans and specifications
- Thorough knowledge of construction methods and design / build process
- Experience with conceptual estimates as well as detailed estimates
- Report directly to Chief Estimator
- Attend weekly department meetings to receive work assignments and discuss deadlines
- Assist Chief Estimator to maintain estimating software and cost history database
- Stay current with construction market trends as tool for sales department
- Prepare accurate and complete construction budgets and estimates
- Successfully manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously while still meeting deadlines
- Perform all other related work, as assigned or as apparent?
- Prepare accurate and complete construction estimates
- Complete quantity take-offs and data base pricing for all items of work required
- Solicit local subcontractor and supplier pricing input when possible
- Communicate estimates effectively with internal and external project team
- Communicate estimates effectively with clients if requested by sales team
- Gather project site information, such as geotechnical reports
- Evaluate existing conditions through the use of pictures and/or site visits as needed
- Review terms of project development agreements
- Evaluate construction methods for cost-effectiveness and offer value engineering suggestions to the team when appropriate
- Review estimates with Chief Estimator before discussing with sales and architecture
- Prepare estimate release documents for sales team client presentations
- Successfully manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously while still meeting deadlines?
- Meet with sales lead and project architect to establish scope of work and deadline for estimates
- Communicate effectively with internal and external project team
- Prepare proposed general requirements to be reviewed by Project Manager
- Review estimates with sales lead and project architect after estimating department review
- Participate in internal kick-off/brainstorming meetings to monitor and control project budgets
- Prepare Supplement Bid Tabulation for pre-construction for use in bidding process
- Assist pre-construction manager as needed with analyzing subcontractor bids
- Prepare Supplement Estimate document for client presentation
- Support construction team as needed to insure project success
- Participate in project debriefing meetings to review actual costs and develop cost history
- Report significant project related issues to Chief Estimator in a timely manner
St. Louis, MO or Chicago, IL
NewGround’s operational headquarters are in Chesterfield, MO, our corporate office is in Chicago, IL, and our principal offices are located in Atlanta, GA, Portsmouth, NH, Honolulu, HI, and Ontario, Canada.
About NewGround Video
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- We provide a comprehensive total compensation package with benefits.
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love—that’s evidenced by the fact that we have over 50 employees that have been with the company for over 10 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in St. Louis, Atlanta, and Portsmouth continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should apply here online or simply go to http://careers.newground.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
- Ability to communicate on a professional level
- Willing to accept all assigned work
- Willing to be flexible with work hours to meet deadlines
- Willing to travel occasionally
- Maintain a positive, can-do attitude
- Be a team player and work with all other departments
- Meet or beat all scheduled deadlines
- Communicate effectively with project team
- Treat others with respect, courtesy and professionalism
- Accountability, reputation and credibility are key
Education And/Or Experience Prerequisites:
- 5-10+ years’ experience in commercial construction estimating REQUIRED
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in a construction related field preferred
- Knowledge of Sage Timberline estimating software preferred
- Hard bid and pre-construction experience preferred
Contact Person: Dennis Lasini
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 39918932 stlouis