Job Function: Other
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 5-7 Years
Required Travel: 0-10%
Be a part of Express Scripts, the most exciting company in healthcare, and help us make medicine smarter and more affordable using data and decision science. Express Scripts’ Knowledge Solutions team is looking for an experienced actuarial professional to build our actuarial practice.
Who we are...
At Express Scripts we believe in practicing pharmacy smarter. We put medicine within reach of tens of millions of people by aligning with our customers, taking bold action and delivering patient-centered care to make better health more affordable and accessible. Now picture yourself building a successful career at Express Scripts - working alongside other talented, highly motivated and diverse individuals. We believe that our success depends on a high performing team with unequaled expertise in our industry. If you would like to be a part of an organization where there are no limits, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work at Express Scripts!
What we do…
Headquartered in St. Louis, Express Scripts provides integrated pharmacy benefit management services, including network-pharmacy claims processing, home delivery pharmacy care, specialty pharmacy care, specialty benefit management, benefit-design consultation, drug utilization review, formulary management and medical and drug data analysis services. We also distribute a full range of biopharmaceutical products and provide extensive cost-management and patient-care services.
What you’ll do…
As our Sr. Director, Actuarial Science, you will serve as our resident thought leader in actuarial science and build and lead a team of actuaries in the development and deployment of models and services that power our business. This is a ground floor opportunity to build a team, establish best practices and integrate actuarial and machine learning approaches in solving the most important issues affecting the quality and affordability of healthcare.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, strategic thinker and leader passionate about using data to better manage risk and improve our ability to improve quality and lower the cost of care. The candidate will be the champion for their teams’ projects, from inception to delivery, working closely with senior leaders and business partners (IT, Clinical, Operations, etc). We offer a dynamic and fast-paced environment that will not compromise on the quality of work.
As the Sr. Director, Actuarial Science for the Express Scripts enterprise, this candidate will be a high-level individual contributor and builder of an actuarial team, ensuring the company knows how and when to use the latest actuarial methodologies and trends in quantitative analysis of Express Scripts rapidly expanding data repository of health information and our solution performance. Additionally this candidate will support the team in developing and deploying new models or utilizing existing models to solve business problems. They will utilize machine learning (where applicable) for developing next generation of models for improving margin or saving operational expense of our members, clients or internal business partners. This role will report directly to the Chief Data Officer / Vice President of Knowledge Solutions, and provide opportunity to engage with all levels of staff, including senior executives, of multiple business units across the enterprise.
- Act as the actuarial practice lead for the Express Scripts enterprise.
- Establish and define the actuarial practice within the organization.
- Lead, design and implement analytic approaches and models to business challenges. Assist with product and total healthcare pricing/cost analysis, risk management models and other projects
- Inform and advise senior organizational leaders.
- Recruit, develop and direct the work of other actuaries and data scientists.
- Visualize, interpret, report, and communicate data findings in clear, concise and compelling manner with various audiences using visualization tools (Tableau, graphana, ggplot, others). Must have a passion for performing actionable analysis.
- Think creatively and work well both as part of a team and as an individual contributor.
- Ability to think critically and consult the Data Science team, our partners and leadership on how to best apply analytical methods to unstructured problems and execute.
What you’ll bring…
QUALIFICATIONS - Required
- Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics/Econometrics, Quantitative Finance, Engineering, Operations Research, Bioinformatics, or related quantitative disciplines (Bachelor’s required, Master’s or PhD’s preferred)
- Successful completion of four or more Society of Actuaries exams
- FSA accreditation
- 7+ years of actuarial experience strong preference for healthcare industry experience
- CERA and MAAA accreditation preferred
- Exceptional ability to communicate and present findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences. Highly collaborative, consultative and curious
- Highly motivated self-starter with a strong desire to expand technical skillsets beyond traditional actuarial software and languages and interest in solving interesting and complex healthcare problems
QUALIFICATIONS - Preferred
- Experience using analytical tools/languages such as R, SAS, SQL, Python
- Knowledge of common object oriented programming languages such as Java or C++
- Have hands-on experience developing predictive models using analytical methods such as regression, decision trees, support vector machines, Random Forests, Neural Networks
- Have hands-on experience using relational database management systems (Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, DB2 etc.)
- Expertise in visualization tools like Tableau, ggplot is a plus
- Proficient in working with structured and unstructured datasets as needed
- Proficient in working with relational database structures and ability to extract datasets for individual analysis and project execution
If qualified and interested, please contact our Executive Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also welcome confidential inquiries. EOE
Contact Person: Angela Cobb
Phone: (314) 684-5471
Email Address: email@example.com
• Post ID: 37914197 stlouis