RN Manager, Employee Health & Education Manager (PT) - Cardinal Ritter Senior Services (Saint Louis,
1. Ensures maximum educational opportunities for staff.
2. Coordinates with departments to meet educational needs. Conducts and documents subject and attendance of State and Federal required in-services and topics of need and interest. Posts schedules in advance to alert staff to programs. Teaches individual or group conferences/in-services. Uses audio visual aids and conducts testing.
3. Conducts nursing in-services.
4. Conducts new employee orientation and annual in-services for nursing and non-nursing employees.
5. Maintains video library.
6. Develops and reviews policies and procedures.
7. Assists and participates in Interim and Licensure Surveys and exit interviews as requested.
Tests and screens nursing applicants as requested.
8. Keeps abreast of new nursing regulations.
9. Participates in studies/projects under the direction of the Director of Human Resources and/or Director of Nursing.
10. Maintains employee health records.
11. Administers TB testing, Hepatitis A & B and flu injections to employees/volunteers.
12. Meets with staff to assist in the improvement of services and correction of problem areas.
13. Makes written and oral reports/recommendations to department managers concerning training programs, as requested.
14. Attends industry and professional offerings to stay abreast of information pertaining to long term care, state and federal regulations, infection control, safety, etc.
15. Establishes a priority system of training needs, and develops a training program to meet those needs.
16. Provides life safety standards training, and participates in drills. A member of the Safety and Infection Control Committee.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Graduate of a professional, registered-nursing program with current state licensure.
2. Knowledge of hazards involved with potential and/or direct exposure to blood or body fluids, communicable disease, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a clinical environment.
3. Knowledge of State and Federal regulations governing skilled extended care facilities.
SKILLS & ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN JOB
1. Exhibits responsibility, initiative, leadership, tact, and creativity in developing educational programs.
2. Sets an example to all staff in regards to promptness, manner, professionalism, dress/appearance, demeanor, safety, cooperation, customer service, Nursing practice, etc.
3. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting residents, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds.
4. Requires correctable vision and hearing to normal range.
5. Requires working under stressful conditions, maintaining concentration, sound decision making, and communication skills in dealing with the public.
6. Must be able to perform the essential physical/mental functions/requirements of the position.
Must maintain good working relationships with CEO, Administrators, Council Members, staff members, HR Director, residents, and family members.
RESOURCES FOR WHICH ACCOUNTABLE
Associated topics: infusion, intensive care, intensive care unit, maternal, neonatal, psychatric, recovery, staff nurse, surgery, tcu
• Post ID: 39120077 stlouis