It starts with great chemistry.
Univar is more than a distribution company were a leading, global partner dedicated to improving quality of life for our customers through the products, expertise, and relationships that serve the worlds most essential industries. Founded in 1924, with global headquarters in Downers Grove, IL, Univar generated $8+ billion in sales in 2016 securing the #1 market position in North America and the #2 market position in Europe.
Creating great chemistry is not just about the innovative products and services we safely deliver to customers around the world. It also takes people people like you and today, our worldwide team of more than 8,000 employees is helping build a company where the best people want to work. If youre looking for an experience where your actions will make a positive difference every day, youve come to the right place.
The Finance Manager, District Supply Chain & Operations manages and oversees the accounting and financial reporting requirements for all US Operations and Supply Chain functions within an assigned district. This role will be responsible for managing the complete, accurate and timely processing of transactions through the Company's accounting / finance systems and provide policy support to the various functional areas within the district. This position reports to the Finance Manager - Region SC&O.
This position will provide reporting and analysis for district level management that assists to drive improvement in knowledge and cost efficiency in the areas of operating expenses for the four main functional areas of Supply Chain and Operations, Working Capital and other projects as needed.
- Fully supports the Annual Operating Plan to ensure that the financial plan for all sites in the district is properly represented. Meets with key business stakeholders to ensure that their insight has been included in the plan.
- Analyzes monthly P&L against plan and prior year. Research variances and provides detail explanations to the Finance Manager Region SC&O and District Operations Manager. Ensures that key business stakeholders are well informed and knowledgeable regarding the financials from their area of operations.
- Oversees the proper coding of all operating expenses for all branches within the district. Ensure that we have proper procedures in place for coding expenses and that those who code expenses are well educated in the procedure.
- Generates a monthly report of all operating expenses for District and Branch manager review. Ensures that key business stakeholders are well informed and knowledgeable regarding the financials from their area of operations.
- Runs all required monthly financial reports to support month-end close.
Ensures proper controls and processes are in place for optimal branch level performance. Specifics include:
- Supervises and coordinates the annual physical inventory. Ensures monthly and quarterly cycle counts are performed and makes appropriate shrinkage adjustments.
- Responsible for approving the daily and monthly reconciliation of the district consignment warehouses. Reviews and approves all inventory adjustments, including reconciliation of 3rd Party terminals.
- Confirms with operations to ensure that goods have been received and authorized in a timely fashion.
- Ensures branches within the district are compliant with the policy & procedures including record retention.
- Responsible for approving Customer Rebate Award and Refund Documentation.
- Verifies payroll is properly processed with appropriate approvals/reviews for unusual transactions.
- Reviews the chargeback report to ensure proper resolution.
- Monitors list of expiring tax certificates and reviews new certificates for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensures that all other applicable controls not listed in this section have been met.
Supports activities within Indirect Spend and Accounts Payable, including CapEx. Specifics include:
- Reviews P-Card expense to ensure costs are properly coded to the correct account and functional area within the District/Branch. Forwards report to District and Branch Managers for their review and approval.
- Reviews all Office Equipment Leases. Works with legal to ensure Univar interests are protected.
- Responsible for maintaining Fixed Assets, including periodic inventories, transfers and retirements.
- Prepares capital expenditure requests for approval.
- Assists with special projects and preparation of reports as requested to by the Finance Manager, Region SC&O and/or General Manager.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting from fully accredited four year institution is required; CPA or CMA designation is preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office with strong Excel skills; Strong writing/communication skills
- Ability to lead and manage 1-2 Financial Analysts based on the needs of the district.
- Fulfill supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and experience with dispute resolution.
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant Business, Finance and/or Accounting experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills in coaching and team building with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle diverse and significant workload
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Must be detail-oriented and deadline sensitive
- Must have demonstrated ability to successfully influence non-financial managers
- Past experience working in a multi-cultural and global environment preferred
- Knowledge of the distribution industry and chemical industry is preferred
- Experience with sales operations preferred
Univar is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits toemployees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous vacation and sick leave and much more.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 38721372 stlouis